New Jersey Lawyers Handle All Your Personal Injury, Criminal Defense, Estate Planning and Family Law Needs
Practical solutions to all your legal problems
Sometimes, problems seem to come out of nowhere, and suddenly you find yourself needing a New Jersey family lawyer or injury attorney. Other times, you are trying to head off a problem before it happens, as when you are forming a business or planning your estate.
At Smith & Doran, P.C., we have provided strategic solutions and personalized service to individuals, families and businesses in Morris County, Bergen County and throughout New Jersey since 1996. We are small, yet sophisticated. We do not believe in cookie-cutter solutions, and present you with comprehensive legal advice to help you understand your options. We are proactive, and analyze your future needs. We are here to help solve your legal problems.
Advice from AV®-rated attorneys
We offer a broad range of services designed to meet the needs of a broad range of clients. Our hallmarks are flexibility, strategic thinking, creativity and a commitment to personalized attention. We provide successful outcomes for our clients in such areas as:
- Personal injury — Certified trial attorney and founding partner Robert A. Smith manages our firm’s personal injury practice. Few area lawyers can match his experience in providing vigorous representation for clients who have been injured as the result of a car accident, dangerous premises or a defective product.
- Family law — The family law attorneys in the firm understand that divorce is a major life transition. We attempt to make the process as straightforward as possible. As a sought-after mediator, lead family law attorney and founding partner Jane Ellen Doran provides alternatives in divorce-related matters. All of our family law attorneys are also highly skilled in the courtroom and are prepared to go to trial, if necessary, in cases related to child custody, enforcement, or child or spousal support, and domestic violence.
- Medical malpractice — We are skilled litigators who help people who have been harmed by a surgical error, a misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose, or whose child has suffered a birth injury.
- Criminal defense — Our trial attorneys offer sound strategies and aggressive representation against charges ranging from DUI and drug possession to assault and shoplifting. We also help clients expunge their records.
- Business law and estate planning — Our corporate and business law practice and our wills, estates and trusts practice are managed by attorney and partner Thomas J. Gaynor. With a degree in taxation in addition to his law degree, Mr. Gaynor helps business and families plan a secure future.
Contact a law firm that gives clients personal attention
To schedule a consultation to discuss your needs, contact us online or call us at [phone]. For your convenience, evening or weekend appointments are available.