Morris County NJ Family Law Attorneys
Your Guide Through the Divorce Process, One Step at a Time
Even if you know it is the right choice for you, going through a divorce can feel like a roller-coaster ride. It isn’t just the emotional ups and downs; it’s also all the decisions you have to make: Who gets what? What happens if I need more money? What happens if I lose my job and can’t afford the support payments? What about the children?
With so many questions and so much at stake, you need a New Jersey family law attorney who can guide you through the turmoil. You need a lawyer who will advocate for you, look out for your interests and offer solid legal advice — all without causing undue disruption, especially where children are concerned.
Led by founding partner Jane Ellen Doran, the family law attorneys at Smith & Doran, P.C. in Morristown, NJ, provide divorce with dignity while obtaining superior outcomes for our clients. When possible, we use mediation to reach an amicable settlement. But when necessary, we will take the case to court to protect our clients’ interests. Most importantly, we make sure you understand all your options and can choose the path that is best for you.
Morristown Divorce Attorneys Create Custom-Tailored Approach for Your Needs
As family law attorneys, it is our job to thoroughly understand every aspect of the law and to apply our knowledge with empathy and sensitivity. At Smith & Doran, P.C., there’s no one-size-fits-all approach: Just as every family is unique, so is every case. We take into account all the issues that may affect you and your family throughout the divorce process, including:
- Equitable distribution — We make sure you get your fair share of all marital property, including investment accounts, savings and retirement accounts, offshore bank accounts, pension plans, stock portfolios, homes, condominiums, rental properties, cars and other assets. At the same time, we make sure that all debts are taken into account. If you own or operate a business, we work with you to ensure that that business can continue uninterrupted and that any division of the profits goes smoothly.
- Alimony and spousal support — We make sure you are able to maintain a lifestyle similar to what you enjoyed during your marriage.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — We provide solid guidance when you want to draft an agreement that protects your financial interests or when you need help with enforcement of an existing agreement.
- Child support and child custody issues — Few areas of family law require greater sensitivity than those surrounding the well-being of children. We help ensure that children are supported in every sense of the word while also protecting our clients’ rights.
- Grandparents’ rights — A grandparent is often an important figure in a child’s life. When it is in the child’s best interest to have an ongoing relationship with grandparents, we help ensure that bond is protected.
- Postjudgment support and modifications — We provide guidance when substantial changes in circumstances require modification of an existing agreement regarding child support, child custody or spousal support.
Contact a Randolph NJ Family Lawyer Today
We have been providing creative, caring, and effective solutions to clients since 1996. To discuss your situation with an experienced family law attorney at Smith & Doran, P.C. in Morristown, NJ, please contact us online or call us at 973-261-6254.
Tambien se habla español.