Medical Malpractice Attorneys Morris County, NJ
Morristown Medical Malpractice Lawyers fight the medical establishment to win justice for our clients
The New Jersey medical malpractice attorneys at Smith & Doran, P.C. believe that physicians and other medical professionals should live up to their credo: Do no harm. Since 1996, we have helped those who have suffered because the healthcare community failed them. We have the experience and tenacity to get you the compensation you deserve while giving you the compassionate service you want.
Senior partner Robert A. Smith of Smith & Doran is a Certified Civil Trial Attorney. This means that he specializes in civil court cases, including accident and injury cases of any kind. It is an accolade given by the New Jersey Supreme Court to only 2% of the active lawyers in the state. Bob Smith provides personal but professional legal counsel, and believes open and honest communication with his clients is the key to building a partnership based on trust.
The medical malpractice lawyers of Smith & Doran know New Jersey law inside out, and we’ll fight for you when the medical establishment aggressively defends your malpractice claim.
Dover, NJ Medical Malpractice Lawyers are Here to Help
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional harms a patient through a negligent act, omission, or deviation from the accepted standard of care. When that happens, the negligent providers should pay for harm they caused.
Our AV®-rated law firm can help you recover medical malpractice damages for:
- Birth injuries — These may be the result of poor procedures during forceps or vacuum extraction deliveries, the misuse of labor-inducing drugs, delayed delivery or failure to anticipate birth complications or respond to fetal distress.
- Surgical errors — They include anything from leaving medical instruments or other foreign objects in the body to operating on the wrong body part, as well as anesthesiology mistakes.
- Emergency room errors — As ER use has increased significantly in the past decade, so have emergency room errors such as improper or delayed diagnoses, incorrectly interpreted tests, failure to follow procedures and understaffing.
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose — An incorrect or nonexistent diagnosis can allow a medical condition to worsen and deprive patients of the opportunity to receive proper — or even lifesaving — treatment in a timely manner.
- Prescription Drug & Medication Malpractice — A wrongly prescribed drug or medication can dangerously affect a patient’s health, leading to serious complications and injury
- Nursing Home Malpractice — We pay assisted care facilities to take care of our loved ones, and we expect them to provide for their health and daily necessities. Failure to do so is a breach of trust and contract.
For more detailed information about medical malpractice claims and what to expect when contacting a medical malpractice lawyer, check out our Medical Malpractice FAQ page.
Contact a Morristown Medical Malpractice Lawyer Today
Medical malpractice claims are complex. The medical malpractice attorneys at the Morristown, N.J. law firm of Smith & Doran have the resources and experience to get you the compensation you deserve.
Senior partner Robert A. Smith of Smith & Doran is an AV® Preeminent rated attorney committed to building long-lasting partnerships with his clients. AV® Preeminent is the highest possible rating given by Martindale Hubbel Peer Review Ratings™, considered to be the industry standard in accurately scoring lawyers on a combination of their legal knowledge, communication skills, and ethical standards.
Bob Smith prides himself on providing personal but professional legal counsel, and he believes open and honest communication with his clients is the key to building a long-lasting partnership based on trust.
If you or a family member has suffered harm because of medical negligence, we will stand up for you. To schedule a free consultation, contact us online or call us at 973-261-6254. If you cannot come to us, one of our attorneys will come to your home or hospital.
Se habla español.