Our Estate Planning and Business Lawyers Protect Your Assets
Morristown firm focuses on safeguarding your success
Whether you own a business or are looking to protect the assets you worked hard to amass, the lawyers at AV®-rated Smith & Doran, P.C. in Morristown, NJ focus on providing you with high-quality estate planning and business law services.
Partner Thomas J. Gaynor, who manages our estate planning and business law practices, brings extensive legal knowledge and an advanced degree in taxation to the planning of your affairs. Along with the rest of our New Jersey business lawyers, he ensures that your needs are addressed with the urgency and professionalism you deserve.
Legal services for entrepreneurs, executives and partnerships
We provide legal counsel and representation regarding:
- The formation of limited and limited liability partnerships, companies and family limited partnerships, as well as corporations, nonprofit organizations and other business entities
- Operating and shareholder agreements
- Corporate governance
- Purchases, sales and transfers of closely held businesses
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing business contracts
- Commercial leasing
- Real estate transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Business transactions and UCC sales
Estate plans tailored to the needs of families and businesses
A solid estate plan helps secure your family’s future while reducing tax liabilities. Whether you are seeking to develop an estate plan for the first time or a review of your current plan, we can assist with:
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Power of attorney instruments
- Healthcare directives
- Family limited partnership issues
- Business succession
- Asset protection and planned gifting strategies
- Maximizing income and minimizing taxes through estate tax planning
We also handle probate and estate administration issues, including location and inventory of assets, asset appraisals and valuations, real estate transfers, settlement of creditor debts and distribution of assets in accordance with the will. We are also available to handle will contests, trust disputes and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
We are respectful of your other professional relationships and do not interfere with the work of your trusted financial advisors or accountants. Our goal is to provide legal solutions that help you attain the best results.
Contact us for a confidential consultation about business and estate issues
To schedule a time to discuss your business or estate planning needs, contact us online or call us at [phone].