Morris County NJ Personal Injury Lawyers
Accident Attorneys Serving Clients across Parsippany, Randolph, Roxbury, Rockaway, and the greater Morris County area
Accident and injury can happen anytime, anywhere. Regardless of whether you were injured on the road, in the workplace or on a construction site, on private or public property, by an ill-maintained staircase or by a defective product – if your injury was caused by another person’s or party’s negligence and recklessness, they can and should be held accountable. Many accidents can be life-changing, traumatic experiences for the victim, but the good news is that with the right team, you can start to put your life back together.
At the Morristown NJ law firm of Smith & Doran, P.C., we understand the stakes involved with your injury and we are ready to provide personal and effective legal representation every step of the way. We are aggressive negotiators, and we always drive a hard bargain with insurance companies. They know we are ready, willing and able to take your case to trial. Certified Civil Trial Attorney Robert A. Smith brings more than 35 years of experience to the table, and he is committed to building long-lasting partnerships with his clients. His goal is to provide personal but professional legal counsel by building a foundation of honest and open communication.
When Smith & Doran is on your side, so is our experience, our resources and our passion for getting you the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured by another party’s negligence, contact us online or by phone today at 973-261-6254 to schedule a free consultation.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
In any personal injury case, three things must be proven:
- Accident – we must be able to show that an accident occurred when and where we say it did
- Damage – we must show that the accident caused an injury to you, rather than only your reputation or property. Damages can include medical expenses both short and long term, lost wages and income if you are rendered unable to work, and pain and suffering caused by your injury(s).
- Negligence – finally we must be able to show that the cause of your accident was another individual’s or group’s negligence.
While the terms and steps are fairly straightforward, proving them in a court of law is not always easy. The negligent party will often have legal counsel of their own, working to show that it was in fact your own recklessness or inattentiveness that caused the accident, not that of their client. Having an experienced personal injury attorney to represent your interests from the onset of your accident will help ensure that your rights and best interests are always protected.
Personal Injury Damages and Recovery in Morris, NJ
If you were in an accident on the New Jersey Turnpike, for example, chances are you will have medical expenses, perhaps for years to come. If a serious medical condition leaves you unable to work, you will not only lose current income, but you may never fully regain the ability to ever work again. Insurance companies will be quick to offer a settlement, but it often falls short of your needs over the long haul. And New Jersey law requires that you bring a case as soon as possible — waiting too long can cost you the compensation you deserve!
We take a long view of your needs to make sure you recover full damages for your pain and suffering, current and future medical expenses, and lost wages in cases of:
- Premises liability: Property owners have a duty to keep their property safe for tenants, customers, guests and visitors, whether that means providing adequate lighting, ensuring the security of the premises or making certain that elevators are in working order. Failing to do so may lead to serious injuries for guests and others.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: Many slip-and-fall accidents result in no more than a bruise or a scratch. Others lead to a trip to the hospital. When a business or a residence doesn’t clean up spills or repair broken stairs — and you are hurt in a slip and fall accident — you may deserve compensation for the damage you suffered.
- Products liability or defective products: Businesses are required to make sure that products they have manufactured, distributed or marketed are reasonably safe when used as directed. If they aren’t — and the product you trust hurts you — we can assist in helping you recover compensation.
- Car accidents: If you’ve been injured in an auto accident in New Jersey, you should be compensated for your medical bills, lost wages and the damage to your car. Insurance companies don’t want to pay you — we want to get you what you deserve.
- Motorcycle accidents: When you are a motorcyclist, you’re more exposed to potential injury than anyone else on the road — and many people see bikers as “daredevils.” Smith & Doran, P.C. works with you to make sure you get the representation you need in front of a court, insurance companies, and in recovery.
- Dog bites: Any dog — not just so-called “dangerous” dogs like pit bulls and Rottweilers — can bite. If you’ve been bitten by a dog, whether in public or at a friend’s house, we can help you recover from the owner and their insurance company for the injuries you have suffered.
- Workers compensation: Each year, thousands of employees in Morris, Bergen and Somerset counties and across New Jersey are injured in their workplaces. Our lawyers help you obtain workers compensation — a state-mandated set of benefits for those who suffer illness or injury caused by job-related duties.
- Construction accidents: Working in construction is dangerous. The great heights often involved with the work, as well as the heavy machinery and powerful chemicals makes for an extremely unsafe working environment. If any one of a hundred safety measures are skipped or overlooked, it can lead to serious injury.
- Wrongful death: When an accident is so severe that it results in a wrongful death, we help the victim’s survivors ensure that their financial future is secure
Contact an Experienced Morristown Personal Injury Law Firm
Robert A. Smith of Smith & Doran is a Certified Civil Trial Attorney committed to building long-lasting partnerships with his clients. His goal is to provide personal but professional legal counsel by building a foundation of honest and open communication. He has extensive experience helping the victims of accidents take back control of their lives, and knows just how important this is to you.
If you or a loved one has been injured in any kind of accident by the reckless actions or negligence of others, call us today at 973-261-6254 or contact us online to schedule a meeting to discuss your case. The initial consultation is free, and all personal injury cases are taken on contingency, which means you pay nothing unless your case succeeds. If you are unable to come to our Morristown NJ office, we will be happy to visit with you in the hospital or in your home.
Se habla español.